woensdag 26 december 2012

Tin Tin Rocket

Looking for some nice models to test my laser, I came across this tintin space rocket on thingiverse. My wife thought it would make some nice bookshelves. That said, it stood in my living room for half a year to let the plan mature. When last summer my dad and me merged our workshops I realized that I needed a project to get to know all the new woodworking machines. Enter the rocket-shelf.

Apart from the usual joy of making something, I had a great time with my dad being around almost every day, showing me the ropes on his machines.
I ended up using a cutter and a template to get the plywood in its curved shape. All connections are dowelled joints.
As a finishing touch, I engraved fragments of the original (french) comic on the shelves, making it a tribute to Hergé.

Bye!
Mark.






2 opmerkingen:

  1. Niet zo brilliant als in levende lijve maar evengoed erg knap gedaan!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Live is ie inderdaad indrukwekkender. Ik zag 'm gisteren in het Cuypershuis. Leuk om kennis met je te maken Mark !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen